Phase Three Revised
9am Drive-in Church Sunday July 5, 2020
11am Gathering in the Worship Center Sunday July 5, 2020
Welcome Back We Missed You
Based on the increased number of COVID 19 cases in the local community we understand all of you may be at different comfort levels and we are listening to you. While we have approval from the Governor and local authorities to open back up for worship, we understand that is not where everyone is currently. We want you to Worship and hear God’s word in a safe environment where you are comfortable. So, we are bringing back Drive-in Church at 9am for the summer and we will offer an inside service at 11am as well. We WILL follow the CDC guidelines and will go beyond the recommendations to protect you and the staff at Journey Fellowship. So, thank you for being patient with us. See details below.
We are taking special care to be as cautious as possible about gathering in-person. Rows will be marked off and chairs will be arranged to practice the CDC social distancing requirements. We will initially only allow access to 50 percent of our capacity in our Worship Center as outlined by local authorities. We will also require everyone to PRE-REGISTER on-line at our website for the service you will be attending.
Updated Phase Three
Begins Sunday July 5, 2020
Updated Phase Three of the strategy provides the Drive-in Church experience and reopens our building in a safe way with one Worship gathering inside the building. Worship Gatherings inside the building will be much smaller than what we are used to at about 300-400 capacity.
- We will Continue Drive-in Church, but at 9am for the summer.
- We will Continue 11:00am Worship Gatherings Open to all in the Worship Center.
- *There will be a special recommended section of seating for those 65 and older and spouses who desire to sit separately from everyone else for their protection at the 11am Gatherings in the building. The North Entrance doors will be exclusively for entry of those 65 and older*
- We will move the Live Service on-line to 11:00am.
- We will discontinue the 9am and 1pm Gatherings inside the Worship Center.
Special Instructions for Gatherings in the Worship Center
- We are asking you to PRE-REGISTER on-line at our website for the 11 am gathering to control crowd size. Registration for the 11am gathering inside the building will have a maximum capacity and will be on a first come first serve basis. There will be a limit of six per family (Those who live under the same roof). If you need a larger number of seats you can call the office at 210-651-1463.
- Families should sit together, but there must be at least two seats between you and the next family or individual sitting on your row.
- There will be no reserved seating.
- We ask everyone to maintain six feet of social distancing as you move into the building. Once in the building Ushers will guide you in and out of the worship center. Please do not leave your seat until you are dismissed by an Usher.
- We will clearly identify “entrance” and “exit” doors. Adults with children and adults will enter through the large center glass doors on the IH35 side of the building, those 65 and older will enter through doors on North side of building.
- Everyone will exit through the doors on the North side of the building.
- Entry into the building for Seniors 65 and up will be at 20 minutes prior to service times.
- Entry into the building for Families with children and Adults will be at 15 minutes prior to service times.
- Beginning July 5, 2020 Consistent with our local authorities and the CDC we ask that everyone 4 years and older wear face coverings when entering building. Face coverings may be removed once you are seated. Facemasks must be put back on prior to exiting your seat.
- Beginning July 5, 2020, We will begin taking communion together. Disposable communion will be available to pick up on your way in.
- We will have Hosts/Ushers to give important information, to guide you to and from your seats, and to help everyone practice social distancing.
- Hosts and Ushers will be wearing gloves and face coverings. Doors will be propped open, so you do not have to open the doors. No handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- We encourage everyone to sanitize hands upon entering building.
- We will have hand sanitizer everywhere, especially in all lobbies and restrooms.
- In addition to our normal cleaning services we are upscaling our cleaning with new commercial disinfectant sprayers to sanitize all armrests, tables, chairs, door hardware, all equipment, etc.
- Our Worship Center HVAC units are equipped with High Efficiency Filters that will be disinfected and changed as per CDC guidelines.
- Giving envelopes will be available to place in on-site giving boxes. We also encourage you to give on-line or through our Journey Fellowship APP.
- There will be no programs. For up to date information, please visit our website or Facebook page.
- All water fountains will be shut off or blocked off.
- There will be no coffee available at this time. You are welcome to bring your own coffee.
- There will be no Nursery or Journey Kidz services or classes other than what we are currently offering on our social media platforms.
- There will be no Journey Student services or classes other than what we are currently offering on our social media platforms.
- Again, we will NOT open with all ministries, activities, or even all services at this time. Thank you for your patience!
If you have any concerns, underlying at-risk health conditions, or feel sick, we strongly recommend you remain at home and watch our on-line services which will continue at 11am Sundays.
This Updated Reopening Strategy will give us time to monitor the COVID-19 crisis, listen for updates from our local leaders as well as ramping back up our staffing and procedures to be able to minister safely and effectively.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will make decisions based on what is best for Journey Fellowship and our community.
“Walking together on life’s journey, pursuing true hope in Christ”