Journey Kidz Reopen Phase 1! We are excited to announce the return of Journey Kidz Nursery! We will welcome kids 3 years and under back into the nursery classrooms starting July 12th at the 11:00am indoor service. Kids 4 and up are welcome to join their families in the worship service. Here a few things to note about our nursery reopening strategy:
- Welcome back! We have missed you!
- Our service times have changed! They are now 9:00 am Drive-in Church and 11:00 am in the worship center beginning July 12th.
- We will have a limited capacity, so kids will be checked in on a first-come, first-served basis each week depending upon available volunteer ratios.
- Check-In will be touchless! A Journey Kidz Hero will assist your family at the check-in desk starting at 10:30 am. Please plan to arrive early to ensure a smooth experience!
- Parents and children will receive a temperature test and verbal screening before entering the classrooms. Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the building. Temps over 100.4 and any indication of COVID symptoms or exposure won't be permitted to enter the classroom. If you or anyone in your family is not feeling well, please stay home!
- One health-cleared parent/guardian will be allowed to drop off and pick up children at their room(s).
- Parents/guardians must wear a face covering while in the common areas of the church (check-in area, main corridors, hallways, restrooms, etc.). They may be removed once inside the worship center seating.
- Rooms will be sanitized using a state-of-the-art (and very cool looking) vapor system before and after each service.
- All Nursery volunteers and church staff will be wearing face coverings.
- We need volunteers now more than ever! If you are available to serve, click HERE to start your adventure.
You can still find PreSchool, Elementary, and PreTeen lessons & activities on our "Journey Kidz!" Facebook group page (Click HERE).
Where God's Word is an Adventure!
So they will know. That's our purpose at Journey Kidz, and it is inspired by Psalm 78:4-7. When they learn God's Word in fun and creative ways, kids and their families are impacted for generations to come. Kids of all ages experience God's Word through fun worship, creative storytelling, and engaging activities & discussion.
Safety. We take it seriously! After an initial registration in our data system, each family is assigned a unique security code at every visit to ensure kids are only released to those you authorize. Volunteers are thoroughly screened through interviews and background checks, and also receive training at regular workshops. And if your family has any needs that require special assistance, you'll always find smiling faces at our Check-In Desk! From the police officers at the doorways, to the secure check-in/check-out system, to the fully vetted volunteers in every area, your family will be safe in Journey Kidz!
Sundays 9:00am and 11:00am *
Basecamp. Nursery and Preschool kids begin their adventure at Basecamp, where they learn that God made them, God loves them, and Jesus wants to be their best friend!
The Summit. Kinder-4th grade kids continue their adventure at The Summit, where they learn who they are in Christ and how to apply God's Word to every aspect of their lives.
* We celebrate Family Worship on 5th Sundays where kids 3 years and older join their families in the main worship services. Journey Kidz is always open for 3 years and under. See our calendar for other Family Worship dates.
Praise Club. This is the music ministry of Journey Kidz where 1st-6th graders learn to use all of their gifts to worship God through music, instruments, and drama. Praise Club meets on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm during the spring and fall semesters. See our calendar for seasonal rehearsal and performance dates.
American Heritage Girls and Trail Life are Christian character-building ministries of Journey Fellowship for girls and boys ages 5-17 years. They teach kids important life skills including camping and outdoors, all through the lens of scripture and faith. Both troops meet on Monday nights at 6:30pm during the spring and fall semesters. Please note that membership in both troops is subject to available capacity. For more information, contact the troops directly:
Click HERE for American Heritage Girls Troop TX0413. Click HERE for Trail Life Troop TX2413.
Parent Resources. Raising a kid to be a Christ-follower is the most important job of a parent, and we want to partner with you! Whether you are a parent, grandparent, foster parent, or guardian, we hope that you will find these resources helpful in nurturing the Faith walk of your whole family during the week. Click on the links below to check them out. You can also find resources at our Family Wall inside the Journey Kidz hallway between Basecamp and The Summit.
Parent Cue. Focus on the Family. MinistryToParents.
Volunteer! Are you searching for a way to serve that will also nourish your own spiritual growth? Serving in Journey Kidz will bless you as much as your interaction blesses the children. No Biblical expertise or education experience necessary, just an open heart to serve the Lord and He will do the rest! Complete our volunteer application HERE to begin your Journey Kidz adventure. Contact any of our Kidz staff for more information (see contact links below).
Parents! Become a Parent Partner by serving in your kid's classroom just 2 Sundays each semester. Send your desired dates and service times to any Kidz staff to secure your spot (see contact links below).