Journey Kidz Reopen Update! We are excited to be reopening Journey Kidz Ministry on September 13th! Classes will be available for kids 3 months - 4th grade during the 11am indoor service time, and we've added a few measures to ensure the safety of our kids, families, staff, and volunteers.
- Sanitization. The Journey Kidz area is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each use.
- Health screening. We will take temps of kids and accompanying adults to ensure nobody has a reading over 100.4. If anyone in your family has COVID symptoms or has been exposed to anyone with them, please stay home.
- Touch-free Check-in. Starting at 10:30am, we will assist each family at the kiosks and check-in desk.
- Face coverings. These are required for all adults as well as kids in 4th grade and older (encouraged for kids 5 & up).
- Social distancing. The check-in area and classroom activities will be setup to increase distancing. Please help us maintain it by sending one adult to check in all the kids of the family.
- Reduced Capacity. We will have limited capacity based on physical space and volunteer availability in each area. Please arrive early on Sunday!
Even with these additional measures, rest assured that kids will enjoy a fun and engaging adventure through God's Word at Journey Kidz!
Parents, do you want to experience Journey Kidz, too? We need you now more than ever! Click HERE to start our volunteer screening process or talk to Pastor Todd or Mrs. Christi today!
Not ready to return yet? You can still find PreSchool, Elementary, and PreTeen lessons & activities on our "Journey Kidz!" Facebook group page (Click HERE).
Where God's Word is an Adventure!
So they will know. That's our purpose at Journey Kidz, and it is inspired by Psalm 78:4-7. When they learn God's Word in fun and creative ways, kids and their families are impacted for generations to come. Kids of all ages experience God's Word through fun worship, creative storytelling, and engaging activities & discussion.
Safety. We take it seriously! After an initial registration in our data system, each family is assigned a unique security code at every visit to ensure kids are only released to those you authorize. Volunteers are thoroughly screened through interviews and background checks, and also receive training at regular workshops. And if your family has any needs that require special assistance, you'll always find smiling faces at our Check-In Desk! From the police officers at the doorways, to the secure check-in/check-out system, to the fully vetted volunteers in every area, your family will be safe in Journey Kidz!
Sundays 9:00am and 11:00am *
Basecamp. Nursery and Preschool kids begin their adventure at Basecamp, where they learn that God made them, God loves them, and Jesus wants to be their best friend!
The Summit. Kinder-4th grade kids continue their adventure at The Summit, where they learn who they are in Christ and how to apply God's Word to every aspect of their lives.
* We celebrate Family Worship on 5th Sundays where kids 3 years and older join their families in the main worship services. Journey Kidz is always open for 3 years and under. See our calendar for other Family Worship dates.
Praise Club. This is the music ministry of Journey Kidz where 1st-6th graders learn to use all of their gifts to worship God through music, instruments, and drama. Praise Club meets on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm during the spring and fall semesters. See our calendar for seasonal rehearsal and performance dates.
American Heritage Girls and Trail Life are Christian character-building ministries of Journey Fellowship for girls and boys ages 5-17 years. They teach kids important life skills including camping and outdoors, all through the lens of scripture and faith. Both troops meet on Monday nights at 6:30pm during the spring and fall semesters. Please note that membership in both troops is subject to available capacity. For more information, contact the troops directly:
Click HERE for American Heritage Girls Troop TX0413. Click HERE for Trail Life Troop TX2413.
Parent Resources. Raising a kid to be a Christ-follower is the most important job of a parent, and we want to partner with you! Whether you are a parent, grandparent, foster parent, or guardian, we hope that you will find these resources helpful in nurturing the Faith walk of your whole family during the week. Click on the links below to check them out. You can also find resources at our Family Wall inside the Journey Kidz hallway between Basecamp and The Summit.
Parent Cue. Focus on the Family. MinistryToParents.
Volunteer! Are you searching for a way to serve that will also nourish your own spiritual growth? Serving in Journey Kidz will bless you as much as your interaction blesses the children. No Biblical expertise or education experience necessary, just an open heart to serve the Lord and He will do the rest! Complete our volunteer application HERE to begin your Journey Kidz adventure. Contact any of our Kidz staff for more information (see contact links below).
Parents! Become a Parent Partner by serving in your kid's classroom just 2 Sundays each semester. Send your desired dates and service times to any Kidz staff to secure your spot (see contact links below).